I see a lot of requests about training/documentation/tutorials for Gentran/GIS/SI. Maybe, one day I post some basic things about SI/GIS administration and maps, but now I’d like to share some links to very useful documents from IBM. Now they have a very good online documentation, but I’m also using PDF files from FTP:
- Link to the documents (specifications, installation instructions and so on) for the GIS (4.2, 4.3) and SI (5.0, 5.1) ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/commerce/doc/sb2bi/. There are a lot of documents, and it might be hard to find exactly what you need. So I recommend to download all of them and check them one by one to get some idea about content. Then just copy the necessary documents to a separate folder.
- (just an idea) If you’re working with BPs on GIS 4.3, these Services specifications might be very handy for you ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/commerce/doc/sb2bi/gis43/stds57/
- Gentran Server for Windows/Unix: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/commerce/doc/gentran/server/
- Mapping tutorials for Gentran Server (but you can use these documents for GIS/SI as well) are here: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/commerce/doc/gentran/server/win/53/. X12: GSWin53_AppIntegANSItutorial.pdf, EDIFACT: GSWin53_AppIntegEDIFACTtutorial.pdf and TRADACOMS: GSWin53_AppIntegTRADACOMStutorial.pdf
- Sterling B2B Integrator 5.2 (web) http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/sb2bi/v5r2/index.jsp